Tuesday, June 16, 2015

One Day at Braga Street

I often pass this iconic street, especially when I'm on my way to school. Many people also walk on its sidewalks or just sit on the benches which are placed along the sidewalks; were many of them who like to take some pictures there, too, just to capture every single moment they spent at the beautiful street.

Yes, Braga Street. It is a small street in the center of BandungIndonesia, which was famous in the 1920s as a promenade street. Chic cafes, boutiques and restaurants with European ambiance along the street had made the city to attain the Paris of Java nickname. The street starts from a T-junction with the Asia-Afrika Street (or De Groote Postweg during the colonial times) to the north until the city council (Balai Kota), which was formerly a coffee warehouse. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braga_Street)

It is still famous until today, anyway. It has not only some historical buildings, but also its part of street called Braga Andesit since it has andesites used for the road instead of bitumen (asphalt). Unfortunately, this Braga Andesit often gets roadwork because the andesites are not so firm that it's easily broken. This roadwork always cause traffic jam along the street, too.

However, yes, Braga Street has this unique views for me, especially at Braga Andesit. It also has many food stalls and painting outlets. There is also a mall called Braga City Walk (BCW) located at Braga Andesit. Despite not having so much things in it, BCW still quite worth it to visit. Besides foods, you can also watch movies at the cinema with low price! :p There are usually some events held in this street, like Braga Culinary Night and Car Free Night that was held just few weeks ago.

Even though I often pass this road as I said in the beginning... but actually I haven't spent so much time on its sidewalks with its beautiful views, which I'm really waiting for! But, since I hardly have someone to accompany me... would you like to visit Braga Street together with me if you are free? *winks*




No comments:

Post a Comment